Fancy winning Solar Panels for your School?
Friends of the Earth are hosting a competition to find schools with great ideas for Climate Action, and giving them the chance to win solar panels for their roof*.
- At least 8 schools (potential for up to 16 winners*) across the country will win solar panels.
- Primary and Secondary school winners in each of the 4 regions (Dublin, Leinster, North West, & South).
- Free workshop for all winning schools.
- Free workshop for runners up in every county.
- Support to carry out your action project.
How To Enter The Competition
- Submit your full application online by February 14th, 2020 (Valentine’s Day).
- With your application, include a 1-minute video explaining your idea for a local climate action project.
- Get your community to vote online in February!
How to Plan a Winning Project
Some questions to consider:
- Is your project related to community energy/renewable energy/solar energy/climate change?
- Does your project have an awareness-raising element?
- Will your project improve your team working skills?
- Does your project demonstrate your researching and planning skills?
- Does your project include other people in your school (teacher, students, parents, Board members)?
- Does your project engage other members of the community (local people, local newspapers, clubs, politicians, TDs etc.)?
- Does your project demonstrate your knowledge of environmental issues, particularly knowledge relating to energy, climate change, environmental policies in Ireland & Europe?
Full details on how to apply and the terms & conditions are available on the Friends of The Earth website here.