What is SuperHomes Ireland?
SuperHomes Ireland enables homeowners to retrofit their homes to ‘A’ BER standard. Up to 50% funding is available to achieve this.
Since the launch of the first pilot programme in 2015, we have retrofitted over 70 houses to a near A3 Building Energy Rating (BER). The average net investment by homeowners in 2017 was €33,000. As well as average financial savings of €1000 – €1500 per annum on oil, homeowners benefit from living in a comfortable, healthier house with better air quality.
What are the eligible works?
There are 3 minimum mandatory measures which must be implemented to qualify for financial support;
- Renewable Primary Heating System (air source heat pump)
- Advanced ventilation (heat recovery or demand controlled ventilation)
- Air permeability reduction
Other relevant measures:
- Cavity wall, attic, flat roof and external wall insulation
- Windows or energy saving glazing replacement
- Energy saving front and back doors
- Renewable stove
- Solar photovoltaic (PV) systems
- Low energy lighting
How much will the work cost?
- Home Survey Fee – €475
- The average cost after discounts have been applied is €30,000, with a minimum net spend of €18,000
- Where homeowners have agreed to proceed with the recommended works, additional professional and administrative fees will be payable to Tipperary Energy Agency, at stipulated pre and post works intervals. The fee total will range between €1m250 and €3,600 depending on the works undertaken.
Why should I apply?
- Up to 50% financial support available for pre 2006 homes
- Bring your home to an A3 BER or as near as is economically possible.
- Designed to implement all cost effective retrofit measures in one package.
- A warm house, with healthy interior air (through excellent ventilation).
- Reduced colds, flues and respiratory illnesses.
- A low carbon home that will be substantially cheaper to heat (Aiming for 50% to 70% reduction of energy bills).
How do I apply?
Applications are now open for the SuperHomes 2019 Scheme. Full details and to apply click here.
You can read the stories of some of the recent homeowners who took part in SuperHomes Ireland here.
Terms & Conditions Apply.