Over 40,000 homes need to be retrofitted to bring Tipperary’s housing stock to an average B1 BER
Tipperary Energy Agency has recently developed a housing strategy for Tipperary’s housing stock. This housing strategy has been developed to track the retrofit of Tipperary homes, as well as analyzing the current state of housing in Tipperary. This analysis was also conducted to help plan Sustainable Tipp’s upcoming actions to reduce emissions from Tipperary’s housing sector.
The main findings from the analysis include;
- There are 59,276 private households in Tipperary
- 45% of these homes have published BER ratings
- Majority of homes built before 2011 have an A or B BER rating
- 41,452 homes need to be retrofitted to bring the average BER rating of housing stock up to B1 standard
- This is the equivalent of €2.9 Billion investment in Tipperary
- In 2018, 86 homes underwent a “Deep Retrofit to NZEB’ in Tipperary
You can read the full strategy here.